COVID19 CORONAVIRUS Pandemic Prevention and Impact Resources
Working together, we will get through the COVID 19 Pandemic. We are continually adding information to this page with helpful sources.
March 10 2021: Texas mask mandate lifted; vaccines and continued safe practices recommended. Details here.
August 4 2020: Dallas County Supplemental Order on Continuing Requirements After Expiration of Stay Home, Stay Safe
Effective June 19, 2020, continued on August 4, all commercial entities in Dallas County providing goods or services directly to the public must develop and implement a health and safety policy. The Health and Safety Policy must require, at a minimum, that all employees or visitors to the commercial entity’s business premises or other facilities wear face coverings. Effective as of 11:59 p.m. on August 4, 2020, and continuing concurrently with State of Texas and Governor Greg Abbott’s mandate.
May 11 2020: DALLAS COUNTY COLOR-CODED SYSTEM ON PUBLIC ACTIVITY DURING PANDEMIC
Dallas County has created a new color system to help people determine when it is safe to resume certain activities. This is updated daily based on the data they have collected To see the system, click here.
COVID 19 VACCINATION INFORMATION AS OF FRIDAY, MARCH 26
Vaccines in larger quantities are coming to North Texas and to Dallas County each week, so if they are not available currently to you, they should be soon.
EFFECTIVE MARCH 29 – ALL ADULTS ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE COVID 19 VACCINE
INFO ON VACCINES NEAR YOU? CALL 211 IN TEXAS
VACCINE ACCESS IN VICKERY MIDTOWN
Northwest Community Center (NCC) is regularly hosting events to register for transportation they are also providing to the vaccine site at Fair Park. Anyone who uses these transportation options have to pre-register with the NCC. Please follow NCC on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/nccrefugees for updates on the transportation they are providing.
VACCINE REGISTRATION AND ADMINISTRATION
UPDATES CONTINUALLY TO THE VACCINE PROCESS. PLEASE VISIT DALLAS COUNTY LINKS BELOW FOR THE LATEST.
- Dallas County is a vaccine distributor for Dallas County residents only. The City and County and Federal Government through FEMA have partnered to open a mega vaccine site at Fair Park with plans to vaccinate 2,000 residents daily.
- You can sign up to receive the vaccine here and visit the full website here which has more information about the order in which vaccines will be distributed. After you sign up, Dallas County will reach out to you directly when you are eligible to receive the vaccine. For those of you who already have a schedule vaccine or will in the near future, signage and volunteers all around Fair Park will guide you where to park. Once parked you will complete a short questionnaire and be directed to the Tower Building to get the vaccine. Once vaccinated, you will be directed to the next building where you will be observed for 15 minutes.
- Please continue to visit the mega site website for more information.
- register over the phone for the COVID-19 vaccine, call the DCHHS Vaccine Registration Hotline at 469-749-9900. Hotline hours are Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm
- Para registrarse por telefono para la vacuna de la COVID-19, llame a la Linea de Registro para la Vacuna del DCHHS al 469-749-9900, de lunes a viernes, 8am-5pm.
- A list of all locations who have received vaccine doses are listed here.
- To sign up for COVID-19 Vaccine Alerts from Tom Thumb, use this link.
- Kroger Pharmacies also currently has the vaccine and are in the process of vaccinating individuals in the 1A category. They hope to begin vaccinating residents in the 1B category this week. We will provide information as available.
- Healing Hands is also a very local resource for vaccines in Vickery Midtown for the 1B Status eligible patients when they receive vaccines. Healing Hands has put together information for people who are eligible for the 1B status to be on a list at Healing Hands to receive the vaccine. Healing Hands does not have a shipment to share with 1B people at this time. Instructions to sign up with Healing Hands may be found here.
WIFI HOT SPOTS SOON AVAILABLE FROM DALLAS PUBLIC LIBRARY!
LINK TO PRINTABLE FLYER – BLACK AND WHITE Hotspot Flyer b&w
RELIEF RESOURCES FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES
CITY OF DALLAS MORTGAGE RENTAL ASSISTANCE
CITY OF DALLAS MORTGAGE RENTAL ASSISTANCE SPANISH
CITY OF DALLAS SMALL BUSINESS CONTINUITY FUND
CITY OF DALLAS SMALL BUSINESS CONTINUITY FUND SPANISH
JOB BANK FROM WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS OF GREATER DALLAS (UPDATED DAILY)
FREE COVID 19 TESTING IN VICKERY MIDTOWN
7 A.M. TO 4 P.M. Monday – Friday
LOCATION: Sam Tasby Middle School 7001 Fair Oaks
More details here: WalkUp COVID 19 Testing Site-Sam Tasby Middle School (1)
NOTE: TESTING HAS BEEN EXTENDED ONGOING PLEASE NOTE THIS AS YOU DISTRIBUTE MATERIALS/FLYERS.
MULTI-LINGUAL FLYERS ON COVID 19 TESTING IN VICKERY MIDTOWN
Please note that these flyers are informational – please disregard dates – the testing is now daily with no end date
Additional COVID 19 Testing in Dallas
- Shortness of breath
- Must show a temperature of 99.6 or higher
- American Airlines Center, Parking Lot E, 2500 Victory Plaza
- Ellis Davis Field House, 9191 S Polk St.
COVID 19 Coronavirus PREVENTION RESOURCES
TEXAS COVID 19 DIRECTIVES
DALLAS COVID 19 DIRECTIVES
COVID 19 LINKS with CONTINUALLY UPDATED INFORMATION
RESOURCES TO TALK TO CHILDREN ABOUT COVID 19
Mental health experts provide videos and educational resources to help families talk about COVID-19 and staying safe during the outbreak.
CENSUS 2020 during COVID-19
The response to the 2020 Census will determine the allocation of $675 billion in United States federal funds. Following are resources from Vickery Meadow Youth Development Foundation about completing Census 2020 information during COVID-19 that have been translated in multiple languages.
HOW YOU CAN HELP LOCAL VICKERY MIDTOWN ORGANIZATIONS HELPING VICKERY MIDTOWN RESIDENTS
SERIOUSLY IMPACTED BY COVID 19 DISASTER
(continual updates to this list)